- Babyshambles' tour is over for real: the last date scheduled for tonight in Luxembourg is not going to happen. From Den Atelier: "It wasn’t meant to be... BABYSHAMBLES show now postponed (again)! Booking bands can indeed be adventurous… The show - scheduled for Monday, 25th February - is indeed being postponed... Again!Official statement from management as follows: […] I am sorry, but I have had a dreaded call and we need to postpone the show on Monday. Peter is exhausted and cannot do any further shows. This is the longest run of dates the band have ever done and it’s taken its toll. I am so sorry about this and will come back with an alternative date asap.Info about new date and possible refund on www.atelier.lu in the coming days. Stay tuned for the next episode of Pete and the neverending story... Very sorry for the inconveniences caused. Those are entirely beyond our control".
- The Thirst, who have recently collaborated with Pete Doherty on his solo record, have been added to the bill of Love Music Hate Racism’s Hope Not Hate 2008 event (source: NME.com).
- Babyshambles bassist Drew McConnell is taking time out from Pete Doherty-minding duties to assist Fionn Regan with the making of his second album (source: Hotpress).
- Adrian Hunter has denied the rumor about a possible second date at the Royal Albert Hall.
- Carl Barat is back with a vengeance and frinkers are on a roll: plenty of videos, deciphered lyrics, mp3s and pictures from the Paris gig on various DPT-related sites (particularly the official forums and the livejournal DPT place). Apart from Faultlines I haven't listened to anything so I cannot tell you how the stuff is. I'm old fashioned and I can wait for some decent demos.
- Downside: Gary Powell said the new album will be out in August.
This is a site dedicated to the Libertines and their offspring. News, interviews, reviews, articles, pictures, videos and exclusives right here from the troubled world of the Babyshambles and Dirty Pretty Things (and, why not, Yeti).