This is a site dedicated to the Libertines and their offspring. News, interviews, reviews, articles, pictures, videos and exclusives right here from the troubled world of the Babyshambles and Dirty Pretty Things (and, why not, Yeti).

10/07/2008

Tips



Carl's truth begins at the new NME: the man reveals why his band split up ("it just became... un-libertine" - Hellllo-o, Biggles?). Preview of the interview:
Carl Barat has broken his silence about the Dirty Pretty Things split, telling NME.COM about his future plans. Barat said he had no concrete plans, although he confirmed he would continue to write music. Dirty Pretty Things announced that they were splitting up last week (October 1). Carl Barat and co. are currently on their final UK tour before they part ways."I've got no regrets," Barat told NME.COM. "It's liberating. We're bouncing around likes hares. It's like the young boys in the band again. It's given us a lift." Speaking about his future plans, Barat continued, "I'm looking forward to getting back in touch with my guitar, not running round in circles [fulfilling obligations]. "I'll carry on writing. If I think what I'm writing is something I want to play to the world, I'll do it. It could be five minutes [before I return to the music scene]. I've got quite a short attention span. Having said that, I might change careers and become a bank robber." For the full interview with Carl Barat and Dirty Pretty Things and what it means for the possibility of The Libertines reuniting, get the new issue of NME, on UK newsstands tomorrow (October 8).

New video on Peter's channel. Now we've got Stephen Street on board once again. What happened to Jake Fior? Oh well... enjoy.

The Manchester Ritz gig is rescheduled on 13th November. Adrian said: "Just checking original Tickets still valid which I assume they will be but it's good to check".

According to Adrian, Peter will also be playing at London Matter this saturday but as a "secret guest".

No comments: