This is a site dedicated to the Libertines and their offspring. News, interviews, reviews, articles, pictures, videos and exclusives right here from the troubled world of the Babyshambles and Dirty Pretty Things (and, why not, Yeti).

5/06/2008

Peter happy after being released



Our man is all over the press this morning. He was relased very early, around 6 am and soon afterwards he called Adrian using the mobile of one of the NME journos (see photo). He looked happy and relaxed and joked a lot with the reporters outside. Below it's the NME interview.

Please note that NO FREEDOM GIG is announced for tonight, at least for now. Don't listen to people who claim they know everything about a mysterious freedom gig and ask for money to put you in the guestlist (Jesus). As soon as Adrian tells something I will post it here.

Roll on Petey!

Pete Doherty has spoken exclusively to NME.COM on his release from prison this morning (May 6).The Babyshambles frontman had served 29 days of a 14-week jail sentence for breaching his probation at Wormwood Scrubs in London.On leaving prison Doherty admitted that his spell inside it had been tough, although he claimed that he had been off drugs during his incarceration. "I got trouble from the start, from the inmates and the guards, mainly shouting at night really," he explained. "Some people were saying 'Keep your head down', the other half were saying 'Keep your chin up'. So I was a bit like a nodding dog – I didn't know whether to keep my chin up or keep my head down. It was 18-day early release – I can't complain really."Doherty added that despite reports of his drug taking on the outside, he claimed that he had cleaned up during his stretch."I managed to stay clean. I got my certificate. I was going to Sellotape it to the wall, but they wouldn't give me any Sellotape," he said. "Did I take heroin inside? Complete rubbish. The prison didn't release statements – it's their policy to ignore it rather than acknowledge it [media reports]. "I was in segregation for the last three weeks. The call it the block. Supposedly I was in debt to loads of big time drug dealers. All I'll say to that is: chance would be a fine thing."Doherty concluded by saying he was upbeat following his release, despite his latest setback landing him in prison."I can see through anything," he declared. "If I can see through the Astoria riot [the 2004 gig which ended in violence after a Babyshambles no show], I can see through Wormwood Scrubs. It could have been a lot worse."

No comments: