And we can relax a bit can't we?
- The t-shirt above is not a joke. It's on sale on ebay at about 6 quid.
- Lots of Peter-related idiocies in the press today.
- The sweet Adam writes: "Thanks to everyone who showed up for the Siam party in Thailand. It had to be one of the hottest places I have ever played - and I've played some hotties! Ate bbq crickets, frogs and cockroaches...then Island hopped to some amazing coastal areas to unwind and escape the shambolicisms unwrapping in the UK. Returned home to find a christmas sackfull of cd requests, which I've just about got on top of. Finally have now managed to throw some time into the remixpotatoe mash up side of life, have come up with a nice strokes vs babyshambles affair, will play it out when I next see you all. Next up - I have my eye on a vampire weekend vs chas and dave - it can be done! PS, If you haven't sent for a roses kings cd then do so, I've plenty left. Adam". Of course, that was not an idiocy (but it wasn't in the press either).
- Babyshambles have been added to the line-up of the 2008 Montreaux Jazz Festival, taking place July 4-19 (on the Lake Geneva shoreline...).
- Dirty Pretty Things are playing at Proud Gallery on April 30th.
- And if you happen to hang in Barcelona tonight the Mighty Carlos is doing a dj set. The place is this: Vilanova i la Geltrú, and the flyer talks of a "DJ Carl Barat (Libertines, Dirty Pretty Things)". Spectacular. Dances start at 11.30.
- Remember John Hassall? He and his band Yeti are releasing their first single on 26th May. The single is called "Don't go back to the one you love", like a mix of the Libertines' "Don't look back into the sun" and R.E.M.'s "The one I love". Kidding. I bet it'll be out before DPT's next single.