This is a site dedicated to the Libertines and their offspring. News, interviews, reviews, articles, pictures, videos and exclusives right here from the troubled world of the Babyshambles and Dirty Pretty Things (and, why not, Yeti).

3/09/2008

Let's go private

Just a bit. News are scarce at the moment and we need to get down one level.
  • SO thanks to Hound Dog (FDW's moderator) that reported Drew's last diary post: "a few shows and some hello’s hello... I first must apologise to anyone who's messaged me and not heard back over the last few months. I've just not looked at myspace for ages. I've been really busy and also find it hard sometimes to sit at the internet. However! I am excited to say I'm on the road with Kid Harpoon. Played with him tonight in Aldershot, the band he's put together blew me away. The Helsinki line up looks likely to change every night, but staple Helsinki heads should make regular appearances. Now if they'd just turn their phones back on... May the Lord increase you in your hour of need. Harps & Helsinki Hike: 8 Mar 2008 BRISTOL LOUISIANA, 9 Mar 2008 CARDIFF CLWB IFOR BACH, 11 Mar 2008 OXFORD JERICHO TAVERN, 12 Mar 2008 SOUTHAMPTON JOINERS, 13 Mar 2008 LONDON DINGWALLS, 15 Mar 2008 BRIGHTON PRESSURE POINT"
  • Normally I don't post clips from Peter's Youtube channel (I assume they're private stuff and in any case they're usually crap) but the latest additions are rather good, particularly this. Steven Spielberg he ain't but the song is still magical and the kitten is adorable.
  • Some gig news: Peter (alone) will play at Loch Lomond Festival on 2 August while Babyshambles will play a one-off gig taking place in Madrid during the Benicassim festival, together with My Bloody Valentine, Siouxsie, Mika and The Rumble Strips.
We'll have a general recap of Peter, Shambles and DPT future dates very soon. Stay tuned.

No comments: